Easy-Mix RK-7100 MMA Fast Curing Structural Acrylic Adhesive - 50gm
- Available for Fast Dispatch.
Bulk discount rates
All Bulk Prices Below Are Quoted Including GST.
|Buy 3 - 5||and pay only $43.39 each|
|Buy 6 - 11||and pay only $40.44 each|
|Buy 12 or above||and pay only $37.93 each|
- Very high strength grade of acrylic adhesive with wide-ranging material compatibility.
- Fast curing.
- Impact resistant with excellent residual elasticity.
- Easy-Mix system makes application easy. No measuring, no manual mixing. Apply directly to the surface.
Our Easy-Mix RK-7100 MMA Adhesive is a high strength, versatile and fast curing glue used for making permanent bonds and joins. This glue is quite thick which allows for accurate application and use on vertical surfaces. RK-7100 also has a fast cure time and achieves 35% of its’ final strength after around 25 minutes.
RK-7100 Acrylic Adhesive utilises the Weicon Easy-Mix dosing system which eliminates the need for complex mixing or measuring. Manufactured in Germany, this professional-quality adhesive is widely used for automotive, engineering, construction, marine, electrical and general repair work.
This glue is quite similar to our popular RK-7000 with the primary (though not sole) difference lying in cure time. RK-7100 is far quicker whilst the RK-7000 is slower and more suitable for jobs that require this feature.
Easy-Mix RK-7100 has a variety of features and benefits, some of which are expended on below:
Extremely Strong Bonding of a Variety of Materials.
RK-7100 MMA Adhesive is designed for permanent, high-strength bonding. This glue is highly compatible with the following material types:
- Metals – Including steel, aluminium, stainless steel and many coated metals.
- Many Plastics – Including PVC, ABS, Fibreglass, Phenolic and PMMA
These (like most) adhesives can struggle with very low surface energy types of plastic like polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) and PTFE (Teflon®). For bonding these materials with RK-7100, the use of a primer or other surface pre-treatment is likely required.
The attached RK-7100 Technical Data includes shear strength ratings for many of the above listed materials.
In many situations, bond strength is just one of the considerations that go into choosing an adhesive. Once it’s fully cured, RK-7100 offers a variety of other features which may be of benefit for your job:
- Can be grinded and painted over once it’s fully cured.
- Withstands temperatures between -55°C and +125°C.
- Resistant to weathering, can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Excellent chemical resistance (see the TDS for a Chemical Compatibility Table).
Accelerated Cure Time.
RK-7100 has a pot life of 5 minutes. After application you can expect cure times to be approximately:
- 25 Minutes for Handling Strength (35% Cure).
- 60 Minutes for Mechanical Strength (50% Cure).
- 12 Hours for Full Cure (100%).
If you’re looking for an acrylic glue with a slower cure time, we suggest our RK-7000.
RK-7100 MMA is highly viscous. This thick glue can be applied with a good amount of accuracy to complex bond lines and even to vertical surfaces. This also helps reduce dripping and spillage.
Easy to Use thanks to the Easy-Mix System.
The Weicon Easy-Mix Dosing System eradicates complex mixing and measuring and makes getting the right amount of glue, where you need it, simple.
Simply slot the container of RK-7100 into a compatible dispensing pistol (we suggest the Weicon D 50) and attach the Quadro Mixing Nozzle (one is included with each container). That’s it. When you pull the trigger the two parts that make up RK-7100 Acrylic Adhesive will be mixed as they travel along the nozzle so that, by the time they reach the surface, you have a single homogenous adhesive.
Spare mixing nozzles are also available, and the gun works with a variety of our adhesives, so you can mix and match depending on your particular requirements.
Typical Applications for RK-7100 Structural Acrylic Adhesive.
RK-7100 MMA Structural Adhesive is used around the world in a variety of construction, repair and manufacturing environments. Just some of its many uses include:
- The manufacture of plastic parts and components.
- Metal construction and fabrication.
- Residential and commercial construction.
- Boat construction and repairs.
- Car body and vehicle construction and repairs.
- Electrical engineering.
- Machine building and maintenance.
- For mode and mould making.
- For permanently laminating / joining dissimilar materials such as plastic to metal bonding.
RK-7100 Acrylic Adhesive Downloads & Resources
Specifications for Easy-Mix RK 7100 MMA Slow Curing Adhesive.
|Basis||Methyl Methacrylate (MMA)|
|Colour After Curing||Cream, Milky white|
|Density of the Mixture||0.98 – 1.02 g/cm³|
|Viscosity of the Mixture||40,000 – 60,000 mPa·s|
|Pot Life (at 20°C)||5 Minutes|
|Handing Strength (35% of Final)||25 Minutes|
|Capable of Bearing Mechanical Loads
(50% of Final)
|Processing Temperature||+10°C to +40°C|
|Fully Cured (100%)||12 Hours|
|Adhesive Gap Bridging||0.1mm – 5mm|
|Temperature Resistance (After Curing)||-50°C to +125°C|
|Shear Strength (According to DIN EN 1465)|
|Sand Blasted Steel||23 N/mm²|
|Stainless Steel||22 N/mm²|
|Hard PVC||12 N/mm²|
|Fibreglass Reinforced Polyester||21 N/mm²|
|Fibreglass Reinforced Epoxy||22 N/mm²|
|Polyamide 6.6||1 N/mm²|
One Part / Two Part:
40,000 - 60,000 MPas (Mixed)
Minimum Continuous Temperature:
Maximum Continuous Temperature:
Max. Gap Covering Power:
Handling Strength (35% of Final):
Shear Strength to Aluminium:
20 N/mm² (DIN 53281)
Shear Strength to ABS Plastic:
7 N/mm² (DIN 53281)
Shear Strength to Polyamide 6.6:
1 N/mm² (DIN 53281)
Food Grade / Potable Water Approvals?: