Contact Adhesive Activator Spray AC - 150ml
- Available for Fast Dispatch.
Bulk discount rates
All Bulk Prices Below Are Quoted Including GST.
|Buy 3 - 5||and pay only $28.72 each|
|Buy 6 - 11||and pay only $28.36 each|
|Buy 12 - 23||and pay only $26.87 each|
|Buy 24 or above||and pay only $25.89 each|
- Surface activator, based on acetone, for Weicon Cyanoacrylate Adhesives (Super Glues).
- Reduces glue blooming (whitening).
- Particularly effective with higher viscosity, thicker types of super glue.
- Also good for when the glue is applied in thicker layers, or when bonding porous / passive materials.
- Helps with gluing in tricky environmental conditions (low temperatures, low humidity).
Our Contact Adhesive Activator Spray is a specially developed accessory for use with our Weicon Super Glue range of CA adhesives.
Based on acetone, this easy to use spray will quicken the cure time of the glue by “activating” the surface to encourage bond formation. It will also reduce the propensity towards blooming many super glues have which helps keep them clear once cured rather than taking on that white(ish) cloudy look.
Weicon Contact Adhesive Activator AC Spray is applied directly to one of the two surfaces being bonded. It should then be left to evaporate and settle for about 30 seconds. The glue is applied to the other surface and, once the 30 seconds has passed, the two faces are joined.
Typical Use Cases for CA Activator AC Spray.
Contact Adhesive Activator AC Spray is usually used when one (or more) of the following are true:
- You are working with medium to high viscosity super glues (e.g VA 100, Contact Gel) and want to speed up the cure time.
- You want to reduce “blooming” of the super glue.
- You are applying thick layers of super glue.
- You are bonding absorbing or porous surfaces (e.g. sponge, wood).
- You are bonding passive materials (e.g. alkaline surfaces, zinc coated metal).
- You are working in non-ideal environmental conditions (e.g. low temperature, humidity under 30%).
In these situations, CA Activator Spray AC is a strong option for increasing the performance of the glue while simultaneously decreasing the cure time.
Downloads & Resources
Food Grade / Potable Water Approvals?: